Setting up IFTTT
IFTTT is a service that lets you create powerful connections with one simple statement: if this then that. You can manage your IFTTT from your Mission Control.
- Channels are the basic building blocks of IFTTT. Each Channel has its own Triggers and Actions. Some example channels are Gmail, Facebook or YouTube.
- The this part of a Recipe is a Trigger. E.g. “I got a new email” or “I got a new comment.”
- The that part of a Recipe is an Action. E.g. Actions are “Send me a text message” or “Create a status message on Facebook.”
- Pieces of data from a Trigger are called Ingredients. For example, the Ingredients of an email Trigger could be: subject, body, attachment, received date, and the sender’s address.
- Personal Recipes are a combination of a Trigger and an Action from your active Channels.
Want to check out some examples?
See more examples on IFTTT.